Andrew is the British number 1 (he is the best ranked cross country skier of all time) At Vancouver he produced the best performance of any British skier at any Olympics and then at last year's World Championship did the same. His performance pathway is in line with the best of the world.
Andrew is a world class athlete and as the winner of the 2010 Norwegian Junior Championship is recognised as such by the Norwegian ski federation and increasingly their media.
His aims this year is another top 10 finish in the U23 World Championship, a top 30 place in World Cup (so scoring Britain's first world cup points) and to finish the gruelling Tour de Ski.
What does a typical week look like for you?
Monday is a 3 hour long run with speed work in the last 30 minutes, Tuesday 3 hour long classic rollerski. Wednesday 2 ½ hour threshold running session and 1 ½ hour strength and conditioning gym session. Thursday 2 ½ hour skate rollerski (technique work) and 2 hour rollerski double pole session. Friday is a long run (2 ½ hours) and strength session (1 ½ hours). Saturday i2 hours of skate intervals followed by a long classic rollerski (2 ½ hours). Sunday I have a long run (3 hours) and 2 hour skate rollerski with technique work.
What are your targets for the next 12 months?
During the 2011/12 season my main targets are the Tour de Ski (a multi stage World Cup) and the U23 World Championships in Turkey. I will also be racing in other world cups, continental cups and domestic races.
- Ranked British No1 in FIS world ranking system, in both sprint and distance
- Distance: ranked 11th in world for this age group (138th senior)
- Sprint: ranked 6th in world for this age group (71st senior)
- 2010 Olympic Games 30km Pursuit - 51st
- 2010 Norwegian Junior Championships 10km free - 1st
- 2011 U23 World Championships 15km free - 6th
- 2011 U23 World Championships 30km pursuit - 12th
- 2011 World Cup Drammen, Norway sprint freestyle - 31st
- 2011 World Championships freestyle sprint - 28th
- 2011 National Junior Indoor Champion (Under 18)
- Tour de Ski (multi stage World Cup)
- U23 World Championships in Turkey
- World Cups Series
- Continental Cup races and domestic races