How did you first get involved in your sport?
Mum took me down to Leeds Carnegie athletics track and I started off as a cross country runner. I then developed into a sprinter at Southampton athletics track and soon after I met my current javelin coach Bill Bushnell who I have been with ever since.
What does a typical week look like for you?
Monday - basketball, weight training. Tuesday - gym, basketball game, circuits. Wednesday - netball game, weights, swimming. Thursday - netball, technical session. Friday - netball, Saturday and Sunday - technical sessions.
What do you enjoy the most about being a sportsperson?
Being able to interact with people who understand the amount of pressure athletes have to live with. Meeting new people at international competitions and having friends all over the world. I love winning.
What are your targets for the next 12 months?
Break U20 UK record, stay in top 3 in British female rankings, podium place at World Junior Championships, win every age group event.
What are your long term aims?
U23 European finalist (2013), Olympic Games finalist (2016), World Championships finalist (2017).
What do you do in your free time?
Netball captain, Basketball captain for teams, swim twice a week. Try and have a social life in my limited free time.
How will your SportsAid award help you?
On petrol travelling to all my events and training, buying new equipment such as a javelin (£800) and on sports gear to wear.
- 2011 Ranked Uk U20 No1
- 2010 U17 Javelin UK record holder, 2008 U15 Javelin UK record holder
- English Schools Championships - Gold (2008, 09, 10), Silver - 2011
- 2011 European Junior Championships, Tallinn - 10th (youngest finalist and only Briton in final)
- 2011 Loughborough International - Bronze
- 2011 Aviva U20 Championships (inc European Trials) - Silver
- 2011 SEAA U20 Inter-counties Championships - Gold
- 2011 Hampshire County Schools' Championships Shot Putt - Gold
- 2010 5th at World Youth Olympic Games Final
- 2009 ISF World School Games, Doha, Qatar U18 - 5th
- 2009 SIAB Schools International U17 - Gold
- Hampshire & IOW Sports Person of the Year 2010
- Southampton Athletics Club Athlete of the Year 2007/08/09/10/11
- Olympic Trials
- 2012 England U20 Championships, Loughborough International, World Junior Championships
- 2013 U23 European Championships
- 2016 Olympic Games and 2017 World Championship