How did you first get involved in your sport?
At primary school. Teachers encouraged me to race competitively. Eventually I joined my local running club, Leeds City AC. Since this time I have been with the same coach and developed as an athlete.
What does a typical week look like for you?
Monday - 60 min run, 1 hour of drills, 35 minute run, weights. Tuesday - 35 min run, track session of 10km volume. Wednesday - 70 min run, circuits and rehab. Thursday - 35 min run, 1 hour run with 30 mins to faster efforts. Friday - 40 min run and hurdle drills. Saturday - 10km session, 35 min run. Sunday - 2 hour run. Mon-Fri 5 hours of work per day.
What do you enjoy the most about being a sportsperson?
Recognition for hard work and talent.
What are your targets for the next 12 months?
Medal at National Cross Country Championships. Gain selection for the World Indoor Championships - 3000m. Gain selection for the Olympic Games - 3000m steeplechase.
What are your long term aims?
Gain selection for the upcoming major championships, Olympics, Worlds, Commonwealths. Eventually challenge for medals in these championships.
What do you do in your free time?
Watch films, socialise with friends.
How will your SportsAid award help you?
Medical costs (physio and massage), travelling expenses (hotels, travel) and training equipment.
- 2012 English National Cross Country Championships - 5th
- 2012 Aviva European Indoor Trials & UK Championships 3000m - 5th
- 2011 England Athletics U23 3000m Steeplechase - Gold
- 2011 Spar European Cross Country Championships - Silver
- 2011 UK Senior Trials and Championships 3000m Steeplechase - Silver
- 2010 World Senior Cross Country Championships 107th
- 2009 European Junior Cross Country Championships - Bronze
- 2009 European Junior Championships 3000m Steeplechase - Silver
- 2009 World Junior Cross Country Championships - 85th
- 2008 Commonwealth Youth Games 5000m - 7th
- Selection for World Indoor Championships
- European Cross Country Championships - medal in U23 category
- Selection for Olympic Games