How did you first get involved in your sport?
Through a leisure centre. My brothers did canoeing so I followed.
What does a typical week look like for you?
Full time education and up to 15 hours of training a week.
What do you enjoy the most about being a sportsperson?
Belonging to a community and being physicaly fit.
What are your targets for the next 12 months?
Get selected for the Junior GBR team, top 15 at the Junior World Championships and top 15 at the European Championships.
What are your long term aims?
Maintain my spot on the GBR team all the way through my canoeing career. Olympic Games (2020), Senior World Championships, become the best in the world in C1 Men.
Which competition would you most like to win?
Junior selection series for the Great Britain team.
Who is your sporting hero?
Michal Martikan (canoe slalom), he won his first Olympics at 17.
How will your SportsAid award help you?
Fuel costs, coaching costs, kit and boat requirements.
- July 2011 Junior European Championships - 22nd out of 35
- 2/3rd April 2011 4th in Junior selection (for GBR team)
- 9/10th April 2011 4th in Junior selection (for GBR team)
- April 30th 2011 selected for the Great Britain Junior team
- October 2011 National Premiership Race, Tees Barage, C1Men - 7th
- October 2011 National Premiership Race, Holme Pierrepont, C1 Men - 12th
- March 2011 National Premiership Race, Trweryn (Wales), C1 Men - 9th
- June 2011 National Premiorship Race, Cardiff Bay, C1 Men - 9th
- Jeff Allcock Trophy 2010
- Junior World Championships, USA
- Junior European Championships, Slovenia
- Junior Selection Series for the Great Britain team