How did you first get involved in your sport?
I joined my first club Biddulph after seeing them train after my swimming lessons.
What does a typical week look like for you?
Monday; 5.30am to 7.30am and 4.30pm to 6.30pm and land training 6.40 to 7.20pm. Tuesday: 5.30am to 7.30am and 4.30pm to 6.30pm. Wednesday rest. Thursday: 5.30am to 7.30am and 4.30pm to 6.30pm and land training 6.40 to 7.20pm. Friday: 5.30am to 7.30am and 4.30pm to 6.30pm. Saturday 5.30am to 7.30am and land training 7.40 to 8.20pm. Sunday rest.
What do you enjoy the most about being a sportsperson?
I love competing and the comradeship with my friends in the club.
What are your targets for the next 12 months?
To final in the 200m backstroke and 400m I/M at the Olympic trails in London in March 2012. Become national youth champion in 200m backstroke and 400m I/M in 2012.
What are your long term aims?
Olympic gold in Rio in 2016 in the 200m backstroke and 400m I/M. World and European champion in 200m backstroke and 400m I/M.
Who is your sporting hero?
Rebecca Adlington as she won gold at the Olympics.
What do you do in your free time?
I like reading and relaxing, watching movie's. I like shopping and meeting my friends.
How will your SportsAid award help you?
On travel costs by road and train. Coaching fee's, clothing and training equipment and assist in entry fees to events.
- 2009 National Champion 4 x 200m Freestyle Relay
- 2010 16th in 400m Individual Medley at European Junior Championships, Helsinki
- 2010 18th in 200m Breaststroke at European Junior Championships, Helsinki
- 2010 Cheshire County Swimmer of the Year
- 2011 2 x 4th places and 1 x 5th in 200m Backstroke, 400m I/M and 200m IM at National Youth Championships
- 2010 2 x 9th places in 400m I/M and 200m Breaststroke at British Open Championships
- 2011 North West Youth Gold Medalist in 200m Backstroke
- March 2012 Olympic Trials London
- July 2012 National Youth Championships, Sheffield
- April 2012 North West Youth Championships 2012
- March 2012 Cheshire County Championships
- 2016 Olympic Games