How did you first get involved in your sport?
Through my dad playing and then the local professional putting my name forward to county.
What does a typical week look like for you?
5 days a week practice at my golf club for up to 6 to 7 hours a day. Practicing skills, long game, short game and overall technical approach.
What do you enjoy the most about being a sportsperson?
The competitiveness and ability to improve. The overall experience of golfing nationally and worldwide.
What are your targets for the next 12 months?
To win U18 England Boys Championship - Carris Trophy. To win British Boys Championship. Selection for England U18 & Elite International competitions Selection for GB&I U18 Jacque LegliseQualify to play in Junior Ryder Cup
What are your long term aims?
To be selected for 2013 Walker Cup, to turn professional after this event.
Who is your sporting hero?
Tiger Woods as he showed determination and self belief to be the best and achieved his goal and dream in life. Proves that nothing is impossible if you are prepared to work hard.
How will your SportsAid award help you?
Towards traveling, accommodation to golf tournaments.
- England Boys Squad since 2009
- 2011 Boys Home Internationals England U18 - Winners
- England U18 Squad for 2011 Boys European Championships
- 2011 Jacque Leglise Trophy U18 GB&I - Winners
- 2011 Sir Henry Cooper Masters Championship U18 - Winner
- 2010 England Boys Championship (McGregor Trophy) - Winner
- 2010 Abu Dhabi Junior Championship - 4th
- 2010 North of England Boys Championship - 2nd
- 2009 Douglas John Championship U15 - Winner
- 2008 England Boys Championship (Reid Trophy) - Winner
- McEvoy Trophy, Fairhaven Trophy, Brabazon Trophy, Carris Trophy, The Open Qualifier, British Amateur, British Boys, European Boys & Home Internationals
- Selection for U18 GB&I team for Jacque Leglise Trophy and England U18 & Elite international competitions
- Qualify to play in Junior Ryder Cup
"Toby is our very best prospect at boys level, he is the only boy player to make the full England Squad at mens level. Toby is very serious about his golf and he's put together a very competitive schedule for 2012." - Stephen J. Burnett, English Golf Union